The big day has come. No, not your wedding day or the birth of your child. It’s moving day. And as your Minneapolis professional moving services experts, RJ Moving knows very well the stresses and conflicts that can occur on moving day. That’s why we want to make the process as effortless and stress-free for you as possible.
There’s a lot to do, and a short amount of time to do it in. Therefore, it’s important to have all your ducks in a row on the day of your move. Here is a list of things you should have ready or be prepared to do on moving day:
- Put aside and take along all important documents and paperwork (medical records, birth certificates, etc.).
- Pack drinks and snacks for you and your family.
- Have travel documents on standby, if applicable. This means things like tickets, hotel reservations and so forth.
- Think about what else will need packed and how much time will be needed to complete the job.
- Have all the boxes labeled and ready by the door to be hauled out. This is important, as it makes the process go faster and saves you money.
So, that’s what you should have ready to go by the time we get to your current address. But, what about the actual moving day process?
- Finalizing cleaning and similar services.
- Check to make sure everything is packed.
- Be sure that your “Open First” box is the first one to be packed and the first one to be taken out.
- Stay with the movers until the job is done, and make sure our driver has your new address, so he or she knows where to go.
- Have ready everything you need for the trip to your new address.
- Once loading has been finished, make sure you have locked all windows and doors, and turned off all switches and appliances.
Do you need to move to or from Minneapolis? RJ Moving can do the job. Call us now at 612-384-2028 to request a free quote.